Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Take It To The Lord In Prayer

This past week was a week of 24/7 prayer. I absolutely LOVED this week! each student signed up for at least one hour of prayer every day. We used one room for these special prayer times where students placed writings and pictures on the wall to express our prayers. I truly believe that God moved in a miraculous way this week among the hearts of kaleo students and leaders this week! It was really cool for relationships here to be built and strengthened while we paired up for prayer sessions for some of the time slots. I appreciated better getting to know some of the girls here through this experience as we shared our hearts and hopes and dreams for kaleo. I felt like the week went ridiculously fast as I have been battling a cold for a while now and there was lots of homework to be done, so for me the week went by in a blink! I spent most of it in the library or in bed. I can't believe it is nearly December! I am looking ahead at only 2 weeks left here in my first semester at Kaleo, it is so crazy to think about that! When I look back to the first week, it is absolutely crazy how far we have all come, as a group and as individuals. I think back to SALTS and Strathcona as we were all just getting to know and understand each other. Funny how hearing each other's testimonies has helped immensely in getting to know each other. As I look back over the semester, I see the marks of Jesus hand in my life, helping me through tough times and enjoying the good time with me. God is so so good, and is at work at this place. I am looking forward to next week's class: The Foundations of the Church with David Ernst. I think it will be a very good class!

No comments:

Post a Comment