Wednesday, December 2, 2009
Foundations of the church!
This past week, we took a course called, "The Foundations of the Church Ministry." I absolutely loved this course! It was incredibly informative, and I feel so much more informed about how I can contribute to Christ's church and be part of the solution for a healthier church. Our professor's name was David Ernst, he himself had spent ten years as a pastor in the church ministry, so he had tons of stories and experience to share with us. One day, we had a panel of pastors and their wives come in to share their experiences and opinions about the church. I totally enjoyed their insights and honesty. This was so helpful as we as Kaleo students begin to contribute to God's church ministry in a big way. One of the biggest things that my eyes were opened to is the fact that God has given us the church as a vehicle to spread his word. It is kind of like a tool, and God gave us a special design to follow in our churches! Its important to stick closely to that design as we strive to change to adapt the times and be seeker sensitive. I really enjoyed being poured into this week and soaking in this class! It was a real blessing and I truly believe it has changed my view of Christ's church, and of individual church organizations all over the world. I am preparing to go home on Saturday December 5th, and its beginning to sink in that I am actually going home. I am going to miss this place SO much! But am looking forward to coming back in January with great stories of what God teaches me as I head home! God bless!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment