Friday, November 13, 2009

1...2...3.... break! here and gone.

Hello everyone! Last week we as a group were blessed with a reading break! Some people took off for various destinations, but most of us stayed around the camp. It was a quiet, restful week filled with homework. One day some of us ventured into Victoria, and the city was gorgeous. I was reminded of just how very blessed I am when I saw some of the less fortunate people on the streets of the city. On the way home we stopped at a massive waterfall. I was lost in its brilliance and might power as the water came crashing down on the rocks at the bottom of the fall. What incredibly strength and beauty the waterfall possessed. I was reminded of God's incredible beauty and strength. I spend the remainder of the week catching up on homework, and sleep. It was such a needed and appreciated break. This week, we are taking the Old Testament course. I have been busy reading many many chapters of the old testament as pre-course work. I am really enjoying diving back into the old testament, as it has been a long time since I paid close attention to those stories. I found it interesting reading the stories that I've heard since I was young in Sunday school straight out of the bible. I actually learned many things that I didn't know. I was also reminded of how much God detests sin. Many cruel things happened in the old testament, and some would even say harsh punishments were carried out by God. I was reminded that we serve the same jealous God that the Israelites did, and he hates sin just as much today as he did then. I was also thinking about Jesus' brutal death on the cross and how harsh of a punishment God did not withhold from even his own son in atonement for the entire world's sin. This should never be downsized. God's love for us that was displayed on the cross is so huge! I have also been so appreciating the direct access we now have to God that the Israelites did not have before Jesus died to pave the way from man to God. Reading about the Holy of Holies reminds me just how Holy and Just God is, and how incredibly fortunate I am that God poured out his grace on me, and I can speak with him at any time, any day. I am greatly anticipating the class!!

No comments:

Post a Comment