Monday, October 12, 2009

Time is Sailing on by

This week has been absolutely incredible! Our Kaleo group sailed with SALTS on the Pacific ocean for five days. We left Victoria on Monday and returned on Friday. I believe we each came back better aquatinted and in need of a shower! Unfortunately I was sick for most of the trip, but I am so thankful for the amazing experience. The sights were stunning, the weather was favorable, and the ocean was gorgeous. The best part of the trip was the way that Christ brought us closer as a group. We had meaningful sharing times, and tons of opportunity to visit one another. As much as I enjoyed the trip, I was excited to see Victoria on Friday, as the waves were just a little too wavy for my stomach!
I was so excited when Sunday rolled around to attend Cobble Hill Baptist where I have been attending. I am truly loving the music, sermons, people, and heart for Christ that I have been emerged in at Cobble Hill. Our church group was also invited to Thanksgiving dinner on Sunday night! The food was delicious, and I loved the fellowship! It was so great to get together with other Christians on Thanksgiving and discuss Christ. I was so encouraged by this evening and the love that they showed us with their hospitality and testimonies! I am definitely looking forward to the things coming up this week, and getting some homework done in preparation for the Hermeneutics course coming up in two weeks!
I feel like I have so much to be thankful, God is so good and has blessed me in so many ways. I can't express my thanks enough. We serve a Mighty good God. Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment