Sunday, October 4, 2009

Morning By Morning New Mercies I See

This week was absolutely amazing! This week I was graced with the instruction of Marv Penner. he taught Spiritual Formation here this week, and it was amazing! Marv spoke passionately about spiritual disciplines, and about what it means to be a follower of Jesus Christ. He began the week by explaining to the class how he was just learning in his spiritual journey what it means to truly love Christ. Not just to live a good and Godly life, and present oneself as a "Christian", but to truly fall in love with the one who gave it all. I was so encouraged by this class and I felt a renewed sense of assurance of my relationship with Christ!
One assignment this week included a two and a half hour time of solitude each of us spent with the Lord. This was two of the most significant hours of my life. How awesome to just make time to hang out with God! It was absolutely amazing!
On Friday night, I attended Cobble Hill teen bible study. We are studying the book of John. This week we took a closer look at John chapter 2. We began by reading the story of Jesus turning water into wine and the wedding, and then read the story of Jesus overturning the tables at the temple. Both stories displayed very different things about the character of Jesus. We had much to discuss and the evening was a lot of fun! I am so enjoying getting to know the teens that attend Cobble Hill Baptist Church!
This coming week, we are going sailing on the Pacific Grace ship with SALTS! i am so excited to see what God has in store for our K7 SALTS experience!
Sunday October 4

No comments:

Post a Comment