Tuesday, January 12, 2010

It feels good to be settling back into the Kaleo community here on the Island! last week we started the second semester with a class called "The Theology of Mission", taught by Professor Tim Stabell. He was a wonderful professor who had tons of experience in the mission field so he brought SO MUCH to the class and to this place. I was reminded of the importance of the Great Commission and how each of us, as followers of Christ are called to bring others into the wonderful light of Jesus. The class explored the call of Mission from Genesis all the way to Revelation. I loved this class! We then proceeded to Missions Fest which was in Vancouver on Friday. The sessions were amazing and I loved the worship! We got there Friday evening and heard Will Graham speak, who had some great things to say once he got into his bible. We then drove to a small church in Vancouver where we slept! It was such a blessing to have such a nice place to stay! It was really fun hanging out with the girls there too! I love our sleepovers like that. We went to sessions all day on Saturday and went to downtown Vancouver for lunch, I'd never been there before. It was beautiful! I loved it. The sky train was fun! On Sunday morning some of us led worship in the church we had been staying in. This was such an amazing opportunity and true blessing! It was fun to fellowship and worship with our brothers and sisters in Christ in this Baptist church in Vancouver. Good to meet people and talk about our big God! Unfortunately on the ferry ride on the way home from Vancouver, there was a medical emergency so we had to turn the ferry around and the ride ended up being very long, but I enjoyed being with everyone, it was lots of fun! I loved the prayer times and good talks that I was blessed with throughout the weekend! THis next week, we are starting the camp ministry class with Jim Badke! I am looking forward to all God has for us to learn during this class!

No comments:

Post a Comment